Our annual ACAM390A showcase is back! The Asian Canadian and Asian Migration Studies Program is pleased to present 4 student research projects produced in this year’s ACAM 390A: The Heritage of Chinese Migration class. Travels to Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia, inspired this year’s projects, covering a range of topics related to Chinese migration, with a focus on food, public space, and intangible heritage.
When: Thursday July 4, 4:30-7:00 PM
Where: Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden (Carrall Street entrance)
Due to limited space we ask you to please register for this event, free of charge. RSVP below.
This event is generously supported by the Quan Lee Fund for Excellence in Asian Canadian and Asian Migration Studies.
We acknowledge and are thankful that this event will take place on the traditional, unceded, ancestral homelands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), and Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) First Nations.
4:30 – 5:00pm Registration
5:00 – 5:10pm Opening Remarks
5:10 – 6:10pm ACAM390 student project presentation
6:10 – 6:30pm Q&A
6:30 – 6:35pm Closing remarks and announcement
6:35 – 6:50pm Mix and mingle
- Ramp access at the Carrall Street entrance
- Paths leading to venue are concrete sidewalk with some grassy areas on side
- Seating: chairs with hard backs, some backless benches
- Parking: meter or parkade (across garden entrance at Keefer Memorial Square)
- 1 gender neutral, wheelchair-accessible washroom (single-stall)
- 2 gendered washrooms (multi-stall)
- Heat: please be aware that this space has poor air circulation. Due to the heat of summer, if you wish please bring your own water and fan.
- The space will only be shared by participants, but due to public nature of event, we cannot guarantee controlled scent or noise levels. We invite guests to be mindful of one another by refraining from wearing scented/perfumed products.
- The space has WiFi and may not be suitable for those with EMS (electromagnetic sensitivity).
- Tea and light refreshments will be provided. Food is only allowed inside the room.
If you require any other accessibility accommodations, such as ASL interpretation or specific seating arrangements, please contact us at email@example.com by Tuesday June 25.
- Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden (Venue sponsor)
To RSVP, please register here through ACAM.